Saturday, August 7, 2010

New (Old) Purses!

I was browsing the antique mall when I came upon these purses. I knew they were going to be pricey, but I asked to look at them anyway. I drool over purses, especially Dorset-Rex. Purrrrrrrrr.

So the first one is this little pink straw purse. The lady said the top part is lucite, but I have my suspicions. Still it's adorable and in really good condition. The inside pink satin looks great. No tag, just says made in Italy. The price said $55 firm. I asked her if the price was negotiable, and she said "Well seems like your lucky day. This is my booth and I wasn't even going to come in today. So I guess you can make me an offer." I knew I wanted to look at the other purses and then offer her something for all the ones I wanted.


The next is this Dorset-Rex. The price said $125. It's in good condition, the inside has some age spots though, like mold spots or something. Still the outside looks great, no scratches on the top.



And lastly, another Dorset-Rex. It's price was $85. Good condition, except one minor scratch on the lid. However, the whole lining is coming undone. Pretty easy to fix though.




So all three of these was $265. I offered her $150 (I knew it was ridiculously low, but I thought I'd give it a try) and she came back at $175! I think that's a great deal for these three! :):):)

2 comments:

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Wow! Three amazing bags in one go - well done. LOVE the one with the pink handle :))

August 8, 2010 at 5:34 AM
TemperamentalBroad@blogspot.com said...

Sooooo jealous!!! Did you see the 3 bakelite bangles I got for $33? Ones even carved!!! ;-)

August 9, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Post a Comment