Wednesday, July 13, 2011

SDCC 2011


Sorry for the lack of posting! I guess I just haven't had much to write about!

So Nathan and I are getting ready to head off to San Diego for Comic-Con next week! A little background on this...

Nathan is a HUGE Marvel fanatic. He's always collected comic books and loved everything about the comic industry. He started working for Marvel's wikia database part-time and he also does comic book reviews online every week. (Aside from working full time as a nuclear physicist. The guy is BUSY.)

When I lived in San Diego, I always thought going to CC would be fun, but I was never able to get tickets. Granted, I didn't try very hard. There's 100,000 people that go every year, so it's insane.

So, this year Nathan is working with his Marvel database people at CC and I decided I'd go as well. We're going to leave the twins here with my parents for a few days, and then my sister-in-law is going to take them during the weekend, and them my mother-in-law will have them until we get back. We'll be gone for a week!

I'm sooooo excited! I've always been a HUGE fan of dressing up in costume, whether in vintage clothes, or costumes for Halloween. If there's somewhere to be that requires a costume, I'm SO there. I've always loved it ever since I was little.



So when I realized the sheer amount of costuming (or cosplay as the CC goers call it) I was all up on it! LOL... All I cared about was who is a sexy comic book girl that I can dress as. So... Emma Frost it is! There are going to be 1.5 million Emma Frost's there, but that's OK. I'd rather do someone I like than be stuck with something I'm not a fan of. The nice thing about cosplay at CC is you can basically dress as whatever you want. Characters from TV, movies, comic books, whatever you can think of. I also have a cute Star Trek dress with go-go boots that I plan on wearing.



Nathan is going as Mimic and he's been working like crazy on his costume. It's going to be awesome when it's done. Luckily for me I was able to buy my costume online (which apparently some cosplayers say is a big no-no because you're "supposed" to make it from scratch. But whatever I don't care.)




Aside from costuming I get to see some of my favorite TV and movie characters!! The panels I'm going to attend are; The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn panel, True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, and The Big Bang Theory. Just to name a few!! I'm going to be so star struck! Ian Somerhalder, I'm coming for you! LOL
The Twilight panel is going to be total insanity. It's Thursday morning, but people will be camping out all night Wednesday! Not sure if I'm that hardcore about it. I guess we'll see!

I'm really excited to go, but soooo nervous about leaving my babies behind. I will miss them SO much! I've only spent one night away from them and that was hard enough! I have no doubt that they'll be in good hands, but it'll still be hard!

0 comments:

Post a Comment