Monday, January 10, 2011
It's a new year, therefore it feels like a great time to set some goals for myself for the year. I hate calling them resolutions, because it feels so futile. A goal is something that will push me to reach it.
1) Cook more. Nathan and I don't eat a whole lot of the same stuff. He is very picky with what he eats and so am I. We usually just make ourselves our own thing for dinner. But now that the babies are getting older, we are all starting to eat dinner as a family. I'd love to be able to cook a meal and share it with my whole family. I actually enjoy cooking, especially if someone will benefit from it.
2) Continue to stay healthy, but eat less sweets. I've been pretty good about eating right and exercising. I lost all my baby weight and then some, and have been able to maintain, give or take a few pounds. The last couple of years I've found some staples of organic foods that I love. What I would like to do is eat less sugar and drink more water. I am horrible at drinking water, I just hate it. But I've seen the benefits of it when I do drink it. I'm also a sugaraholic. I love all sugar. I need to eat less of it!!!! This will be so hard!
3) Get the babies out more/let people babysit more often. Now that they are older, and the weather is cold right now, I'd like to get the babies out of this house more. I want to do more play dates, drop them off with family, take them to Gymboree, etc. They need to be in an environment other than their house, and be with adults other than mommy and daddy. It's good for them. Even though it's so hard for me to ask for others to help, I know how beneficial it is for them.
4) Dance at least once every couple weeks. I love dancing. Always have and always will. I used to go dancing ALL the time, and for hours! Obviously, I don't get out as much as I used to now with the twins, but it's a whole lot easier now that they're older. Nathan is so good about letting me get out and do things whenever I want or need to. The problem is that I'm usually too tired. But once I do go out, I have so much fun and feel so revived! Seth (a dancer friend of mine) and I will be teaching another series of jive classes in March. I'm actually really looking forward to that. In the meantime, I want to try and get to heights again (a community center here that does swing) at least once every couple weeks. Even if I go out and booty dance with the girls, I'll count that a success!
5) Build my hobbies. I've been making hair flowers and they've been selling great here in Albuquerque. I just recently started making little bows for babies and little girls and those have already started selling. I just started that last week! I LOVE making them. It's so relaxing and fun and allows me to be creative. For my next hobby I'd really like to learn how to knit or crochet.
6) Last but not least, go to church every week and build my spirituality. I'll try not to sound preachy, but when I'm consistently going to church and talking to God, I feel great. I can't describe it. I just feel like myself and at peace. I feel centered and anchored in this crazy world that I live in. It's very "zen" for me. When I pray, I can physically feel the burden lifting off my shoulders. I know religion or spirituality is not for everyone, but it is definitely for me. The church I go to is awesome and I've known the pastor since I was in middle school. I really look up to him and think of him more as a mentor than a pastor. In fact, I met Nathan through him. He's not like other pastors when it comes to sermons. He's VERY relate-able and uses current time and situations and funny stories to teach lessons. Not to mention, the childcare there is great. They have the best children center and teachers. Lyla has a blast playing with the other kids and with new toys. London cries when we leave, but I know it's good for him to be around other people and environments (even though it's VERY hard for me to leave him when he's crying!).
So I guess that's all I can think of for now. It's nice to have them written down so I can visually see it and remind myself of what I want to do this year.
Happy New Year everyone, I hope it's a great year for you!!!!