Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My New Favorite Foundation

My mom is a genius when it comes to finding amazing makeup. And she's always giving me new things to try. She recently gave me L'Oreal's Visible Lift Serum Absolute Foundation (whew that's a mouthful). It's ~$12-$15. This foundation is awesome! I think it's probably meant for older women that have more visible or deeper lines and wrinkles. But I have fine lines around my mouth and eyes that I hate, and this foundation really smooths out the lines to make them so much less visible. It also gives full coverage, but doesn't look all cakey or heavy so that's really nice. It goes on light and smooth.
I went on L'Oreal's website to look at what other colors they offer because I really loved the foundation, but the one my mom bought me was too dark. They do this customizing thing where you go through a series of questions and at the end it tells you what shade probably works best for you. It told me my shade is Creamy Natural, so I went out and got it and it matches my skin exactly!

I liked the visible lift line so much that I also bought the visible lift under eye base, which is great too. It's $10.

Both products have SPF 20 which is really nice. And necessary for living in the desert!
After I put on the foundation, I set it with powder (another product my mom introduced me to). It's the Airspun translucent face powder. It's been around forever, and it's great for setting foundation. I think this is around $7.

Also, I forgot to mention that before I put on the foundation I prime my face with L'Oreal's Skin Genesis poor minimizing skin re-smoother. It's makes for a nice canvas for the foundation. It's about $20 for a small bottle, but it's worth it!

Now that I've found these products that I love, I'm sure they'll be discontinued any day now. I hate it when that happens! But for now I will enjoy them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment