Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day!

I am very proud of all the Veterans in my family. My Grandpa Buttz (my dads dad) was in World War II in the Army. My Grandpa Gould (my moms dad) was in World War II for the Navy. My uncle John was in the Navy, my uncle Chuck was a Marine and my dad was in the Army and served in Vietnam. My cousin (uncle Chuck's son) is a super high ranking Marine, and my husband served in the Navy for 6 years, including going overseas and fighting during 9/11. Not to mention many of my friends that have also served or are currently serving. They have all risked their lives for our country and are more brave than I could ever be. I am so proud of them!

Here is my uncle accepting an award while in the Marines and stationed in the Philippines. This newspaper is dated 1966.



Here is my uncle Chuck, my dad James, and my other uncle Johnny all in uniform:



Here's a picture my grandpa had photoshopped. It's my Grandpa, uncle Chuck, dad, uncle Johnny, and my cousin Scott (Chuck's son):



Nathan, circa 2003:

0 comments:

Post a Comment